MR Features by License Type
All Cisco Meraki access points require valid licensing to operate. MR Enterprise license covers the standard MR features, including but not limited to:
- Cloud management
- Zero-touch firmware upgrades
- Zero-touch provisioning
- 24x7 enterprise support
- API support
- Bluetooth and ESL integration with SES-imagotag (supported on access points with the IoT radio)
- Meraki Health
- NBAR integration (minimum firmware and hardware requirements apply)
- Security features like Air Marshal, Layer 3 and Layer 7 firewall rules
- API Umbrella integration (requires a separate Cisco Umbrella license)
- And others
MR Advanced license includes all MR Enterprise features plus additional ones, as noted below.
MR Upgrade *
Standard MR features
Note: * MR Upgrade license is not a standalone license and cannot be used to license an AP by itself. MR Upgrade provides an upgrade path for customers with existing MR Enterprise licenses in both PDL and co-term licensing models.
In simple terms, MR Enterprise + MR Upgrade = MR Advanced. However, applying MR Upgrade license differs between PDL and co-term.
Please see the details of using MR Upgrade licenses in both licensing models below.
More information: Meraki Mr License Guide