Demystifying Cisco Meraki Equipment Licensing a cloud-managed networking company offering a range of networking equipment, offers various licensing options for its equipment, depending on the specific product and the needed features. Meraki Per Device license can be an advantage for organizations that want to separate the budgets and have each region be financially responsible for their Meraki licenses.
Demystifying Cisco Meraki Equipment Licensing
Cisco Meraki is a cloud-managed networking company offering a range of networking equipment, such as switches, routers, security appliances, wireless access points, security cameras, mobile device managers, sensors, and cellular gateways.
Cisco Meraki offers various licensing options for its equipment, depending on the specific product and the needed features. Some products are licensed on a per-device basis, while others are licensed on a per-user or per-feature basis. For example, the Cisco Meraki MR, MV, MT, and MG are typically licensed per device. In contrast, the Cisco Meraki MX security appliances are generally licensed per feature.
Per Device Licensing or Co-Term Licensing
Meraki offers Co-term or Meraki Per device licenses. Meraki Co-Term allows users to purchase a single license that covers all their Meraki devices, regardless of how many they have. This is great for businesses with multiple sites or large networks, as it eliminates the need to register each device individually. The Co-term license has the same expiration date for all Meraki equipment in your organization's network.
Meraki Per Device License requires customers to purchase a separate license for each Meraki device they own. This licensing makes it easy to manage individual devices but can be more expensive than the Meraki co-term option, especially for larger organizations. Additionally, per-device licenses only cover the year(s) term you purchase. Each device might have a different expiration date which makes license renewals more difficult to plan.
Meraki Per Device license can be an advantage for organizations that want to separate the budgets and have each region be financially responsible for their Meraki licenses.
Contact Telecom4Good to discuss Co-term and Per device options that best suit your organizational needs. Email us at email@example.com or schedule a call.
Cisco Meraki Equipment Licensing Options
Cisco Meraki also offers several subscription-based licensing options that provide access to additional features and support. These subscriptions are typically renewed annually and can be purchased for a single device or a group of devices.
Licensing for Cisco Meraki equipment is designed to provide flexibility and scalability for organizations of all sizes and to make it easy to add new features and functionality as needed.
Licensing terms are 1-year, 3-year, 5-year, 7-year and 10-year
Meraki MX Security Appliance Licenses
- Enterprise License: Good for essential SD-WAN, secure connectivity & basic security.
- Advanced Security License: Includes Enterprise features plus fully featured unified threat management.
- SD-WAN License: Includes all Enterprise and Advanced Security features, plus advanced analytics with machine learning powered by Meraki Insight, and Smart SaaS QoE.
- Enterprise Licenses are per device and good for the entire MR series.
- Advanced Licenses includes Enterprise features plus automatic umbrella integration and adaptive policy.
- Upgrade Licenses is not a standalone license and cannot be used to license an AP by itself. MR upgrade provides an upgrade path for customers with existing MR enterprise licenses in both PDL and co-term licensing models.
Meraki MS licenses
Enterprise License is for the specific license term of the MS switch on your network.
- Enterprise Licenses are per device and are good for the entire MV series.
- Cloud archive License: 30-day, 90-day, 180-day, and 365-day storage.
- MV Sense License are per device and allow access to data insights such as: historical aggregate, current snapshot, and real-time feed.
Meraki System Manager License
- Enterprise Licenses are per device and are only available in 1-year, 3-year, or 5-year terms
MT Sensor License
- Enterprise Licenses are per device and are good for the entire MT series.
Meraki MG Cellular Gateway License
- Enterprise Licenses are per device and are good for the entire MG series.
With a range of Meraki license options available, finding the right solution for any organization's networking needs is easy. Whether you need basic wireless coverage or a complete enterprise-grade security platform, Cisco Meraki has the perfect Meraki license for you.
By choosing the right Meraki license for your organization, you can ensure that your network is optimized and secure. With advanced features like automated policy enforcement, web filtering, and multi-site management, Meraki licenses are easy to take control of your network and keep it running smoothly. Choose the Meraki license that best fits your needs today and get started on a more secure and efficient networking experience!
Nonprofits Save 50% or More on Cisco Meraki Through Telecom4Good
You can compare Meraki license pricing on our Shop Cisco Meraki page. Be sure to also check out our Cisco Meraki Nonprofit Discount Program.
Get in Touch with Us
To learn more or discuss the available Cisco Meraki license option to fit your needs, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a call.